History of Post 1038

"The Nation's Preeminent Voice for Veterans"

Valhalla American Legion Post 1038 was chartered in 1931 and named in honor of Adolph Pfister, a local Navy seaman who lost his life serving our country in WWI. Our Post is also dedicated to the memory of three other local men who died in service to our country: William Pfleiderer, Jr. and Albert A. Cesari (WWII) and Wayne Johanson (Vietnam). The families of these four men played important roles in the Valhalla community.

The American Legion was chartered by Congress in 1919 as a patriotic, mutual-help, wartime veterans organization. We are a veterans service organization which now numbers nearly 2.4 million members in nearly 15,000 American Legion Posts worldwide. These Posts are organized into 55 Departments -- one each for the 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, France, Mexico, and the Philippines.

The American Legion's national headquarters is in Indianapolis, Indiana. In addition to thousands of volunteers serving in leadership and program implementation capacities in local communities to the Legion's standing national commissions and committees, the national organization has a regular full-time staff of about 300 employees. Our members are actively involved with the Westchester County American Legion.   

27 Legion Drive, Valhalla, New York 10595